Thursday, June 19, 2008

J Fuego Delirium Cigar



Wow. Just wow.
I had a new blend from J Fuego, The Delirium, yesterday. I'm not sure, but it may have kicked my butt.
I like all of Fuego's cigars, allot!

The appearance of this cigar was indeed dark, just like a Maduro should be. The wrapper is a naturally aged Brazillian leaf..and tasty looking.

Fuego indeed shows his trademark love for the Corojo leaf by placing it in the Coasta Rican binder and the Honduran and Nicaraguan filler.

What this blends yields is a rich, sometimes creamy and sometimes stout smoke. It certainly does transition in strength eventually mellowing out toward the second half of the cigar.

What I was not expecting was the nicotine hit it left with me. After a pleasant hour of easy draws and volumes of rich smoke, I was surprised to find that maybe I should sit a while longer and fully regain my bearings.

The Delirium left a somewhat parched, and a little bitter taste, which for me indicates that this cigar would be great as an after dinner smoke or with drinks.

J Fuego Delirium is certainly in my rotation of smokes as it delivered what I was hoping for in a Maduro/Corojo blend. The burn was even, the ash white and firm, and at least a medium and a half in strength and jammed with rich Corojo flavor.